Much like their real-world counterparts, there’s not really much to know about playing online scratch cards. You “scratch” the part of the virtual card that’s hidden and if the numbers of symbols beneath it reveal a winning combination, you get a certain amount of money.
Is there more to it, though? Are there quirks and tweaks to online scratch cards that aren’t there in the physical versions?
Here are some of things you should know about online scratch cards:
- They come in loads of different themes. Unlike the more vanilla physical cards, online scratch cards come in all sorts of different themes, including tie-ins to movies and video games.
- Random Number Generator. Unlike the physical versions, online scratch cards need to constantly “create” the numbers that you scratch to reveal. This is done through what is known as a Random Number Generator, which comes up with numbers (or matching symbols) completely at random.
- Multiple payment options. Unlike physical scratch cards where many states only allow for them to be paid for with cash, online scratch cards can be paid for through numerous methods, including credit cards and online wallets like PayPal.
- Different game modes. This is a big one. Whereas physical scratch cards simply have a basic game mechanic of scratching to reveal three matching numbers. Online, though, you can find scratch cards that combine bingo, blackjack or slots gameplay with traditional scratch card mechanics.
- They’re not only run by the national lottery. As a rule, physical scratch cards are usually run by national lotteries, but online versions are run by numerous private casinos and private developers.
And there you have it. These are the only real differences between physical scratch cards and online scratch cards. If you know how to play those scratchies that you get from your local supermarket then there’s really not much more you need to know about the online versions. Find a trustworthy online casino, click on the scratch cards section and do your thing! It’s as easy as A-B-C.